Interaction Section at MCAV
The Interactions team is responsible for vehicle simulation, including city scale models but also local vehicle dynamic models. Additionally our team has a focus on traffic networks and flows, and how they are affected considering the introduction of autonomous cars. Currently we have a range of students from; civil, mechatronics and electrical departments.
We are currently using LSGVL to simulate the car driving in the preloaded areas. Our current goal is to have a model of the car in the simulator, and simulate the car parking into a free space.
● MIT DeepTraffic competition
● Apply neural networks models to highway management
● Ideally use the M1 as an example
Intersection and Road Design
• Modern intersections based on a reactive model of traffic management
• Design a smart, connected intersection to optimally manage traffic
• Compare this intersection with current method and autonomous model